If we are to work together, you will need to accept the below criteria. I have made these publicly available as I believe in honesty and transparency, and that all parties should have rewarding experiences from working together.
I also have freely available estimates here, to allow you to gauge expected budgets and the value you can expect. These are estimates in order to illustrate my services and are subject to change based on the exact requirements of your proposed projects.
If any provision of the below shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this list and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Always check an agreement before signing.
- I tend to structure my work day from early mornings to late afternoons, though this is subject to frequent change. I sometimes work in the evenings, and remain online for most of the day.
- Once you have engaged my services, my inbox is always open to you and I endeavour to provide with a response time of less than 12 hours. Please bear in mind that due to travel, I often change time zones and may have intermittent internet access. Once I am engaged, I will always endeavour to provide you with an outline of my upcoming movements.
- I have my time off and social commitments outside work. I do not work Tuesdays, but tend to juggle my working days fairly liberally between Wednesday to Monday. I will always keep you notified as to my arrangements.
- The best way to contact me is via email, or Slack. Failing that, SMS. For anything of a more pressing nature, do call my phone. I am happy to have catch-ups and chats on the phone or over Skype, but prefer to schedule them in so as not to disrupt my workflow.
- Further contracting for ongoing services can happen at any time, even after a contract is already signed.
- I will never share any of your details with any other parties unless specifically agreed to, such as a trusted outsourced specialist to ensure maximum success.
- All documents created in the duration of a project remain purely and privately between yourself and I, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates will be confirmed in writing before work commences. Quoted rates are an estimate and are subject to change.
- I reserve the right to adjust project rates should the scope of the project change, or the amount of work that is required increase significantly by the request of additional requirements.
- The project’s estimated cost is negotiated, and at least 50% of the total project cost is expected prior to work commencement. The remainder is to be paid upon presentation of the final document.
- Included in my rate are two cycles of ideation, and two rounds of editing following a first draft. Anything extra to that will incur further charges.
- Should there be any new, foreseeable charges, I will notify you (most likely by email) and obtain an explicit agreement before proceeding. Such additional charges will be billed together in the next invoice.
- Additional services can be negotiated after work has been completed.
- Legal advice will be consulted should a client negate to settle an outstanding account within 60 days of the invoice due date.
- All ownership of work completed by myself rests with me until full payment has been received. Once I have received your final payment, you own all elements that I have created for you, for the project.
- You guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by you, or that have you permission to use them.
- I am not responsible for any legal issues that may arise as a result of your images or content infringing on someone else’s intellectual property rights.
- I reserve the right to promote my work in other media not necessarily owned by myself, such as websites, portfolios, presentations, events and print media, unless otherwise explicitly specified.
- Additional promotion of my work on your projects shall not breach the above privacy or intellectual property terms.
- Throughout all opportunities I will endeavour to present a professional, true representation of your business.
- Should you decide to terminate a project without sufficient notice, the full quoted cost of the project still applies.
- For consultations and smaller projects (under a day’s operation), 50% of the total project still applies if cancelled within 48 hours notice.
- In the event that I may cancel my involvement in your project for unforeseen reasons, all money paid other than the trial shall be refunded.
CONSEQUENCES OF WORK
- I cannot guarantee that my work will always be error-free and therefore cannot be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate social media accounts, websites or online profiles, even if you have advised me of the possibilities of such damages.
- I also cannot be held responsible for issues or errors that arise as a result of changes/additions made to the social media profile, website or database by someone other than me.